1. Always Eat a Man’s Breakfast No more Lucky Charms—you want some protein and fat. Scrambled eggs and a few sausage links will keep you fuller longer than an airy doughnut will.
2. Eat More! We’re talking three good snacks and three healthful meals. But what do you serve during the bowl game if you can’t have chips and dip? Mixed nuts—especially almonds—will satisfy your craving for something crunchy while helping to build muscle.
3. Just Say No to Starches Foods like pasta, white bread, and potatoes make you fat. If you must have pasta, make yours whole-wheat. Same goes for bread, and swap white potatoes for sweet potatoes. Just don’t eat too much! A perfect example of a great swap are these crispy sweet potato fries. You’ll never go back to regular potatoes.
4. Lift Weights Yes, you have to hit the gym, and no, lifting beer cans during happy hour doesn’t count. The muscles you build will not only improve your performance, they’ll stoke your metabolism so you burn calories long after your workout is over.
5. Think Before You Eat Don’t just stuff your face with the stale cookies left over from the holidays, eat what tastes good and what’s good for you. Take your time eating; you’ll stay fuller longer. Here are 7 ways to harness your hunger from a grumbling stomach.
6. But Have Fun Once in a While—or Once a Week Stifle those cravings for too long, and you’ll be miserable and might fall off your new plan forever. Just splurge reasonably—two slices of pizza, not the whole thing.
7. Go Low-Carb It’s the easiest way to drop weight fast. The cravings are hard at first, but it gets easier—especially when you see the results.
8. Run Intervals It’s easier to alternate between hard and easy running instead of going for a long run—especially if you don’t like running. Plus, you’ll be done faster and burn more fat.
Break your speed limits by boosting your speed with intervals. You’ll not only get faster, but your gut with flatten in no-time.
9. Never, Ever Drink Sweetened Soda But go ahead, have a glass of wine now and then. Low-carb beer is fine, too, in moderation.
10. Don’t Fear Fat It makes you feel full, helps control your appetite, and your body needs it. Of course, some fat is good while others are bad. See How Fat Attacks, and how you can make it work for you.
Check out more weight loss at factoflife.net